Tuesday, November 27, 2007

drawing process


I have started to scan in the 104+ feet of the knitted patterns created over the past few weeks. Through the process of drawing from the scans I am attempting to try and capture the repetitive behavior. However the scanned images I am producing only captures a flattened 3d surface of the knits... I feel that I need to couple this method with another one to increase understanding of the repetitive structure embodied within the knits. So I am also starting to use a light table to photograph the knits. Before I photograph I flatten the knits out with a clear piece of Plexiglas. The reasoning is because that it allows me to see a binary pattern where as the scan does not. With the combination of the scans and the photographs I hope to achieve a drawing that allows me to explore the repetitive behavior and structure throughout the knits.

No comments: